|Mount Berlin is a featured article; it (or a previous version of it) has been identified as one of the best articles produced by the Wikipedia community. Even so, if you can update or improve it, please do so.|
|Current status: Featured article|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|The following references may be useful when improving this article in the future:|
The following coordinate fixes are need for
Mount Berlin in Antarctica.
It is listed as being in Marie Byrd Land and shows up in Wilkes Land on Geohack. -76.05, 135.866667 should be -76.05, -135.866667
Mount Andrus is also incorrect.
-75.8, 132.3 should be -75.8, -132.3
- Fixed — TRANSPORTERMAN (TALK) 21:58, 17 December 2010 (UTC) PS: Mount Andrus fixed, too. — TRANSPORTERMAN (TALK) 22:02, 17 December 2010 (UTC)
The article is inconsistent on what type of volcano Berlin represents. For instance, there is a claim in the intro describing it as two coalesced shield volcanoes while the Geomorphology and geography section describes it as a stratovolcano. From looking at the article's images I would say Berlin is a shield volcano. Volcanoguy 13:44, 19 January 2017 (UTC)
- <yawn> Again with contradictory sources. I am more inclined to trust the "coalesced shield volcanoes" source as the other ones treat the topic more peripherically. Jo-Jo Eumerus (talk, contributions) 14:16, 19 January 2017 (UTC)
- This review is transcluded from Talk:Mount Berlin/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
- Link glacier, maybe? They're becoming less and less common.
- Per MOS:OVERLINK, I don't think you need to link Antarctica, especially not twice in the lead
- Link Marie Byrd Land Volcanic Province, it looks like it should probably be capitalized, too.
- "and 1994 - 1995" - Per MOS:DATERANGE, use an endash and no spaces.
- Flood Range is overlinked multiple times
- Marie Byrd Land is a duplink, as is mafic and ignimbrites
- " Ignimbrites are rare in Marie Byrd Land, the outcrop on the southeastern flank of Mount Berlin is a rare exception" - Semicolon, not a comma
- Local deposits
- Tons of overlinks in here: Merrem Peak, pyroclastic, tuffaceous, obsidian, pumice, hyaloclastite
- Is there a way to link or gloss welded vs. unwelded?
- Lots of duplinks here, too: Mafic, Mefford Knoll, Wedemeyer Rocks, Brandenberger Bluff, basanyte, and trachyte
- Eruption history
- Duplinks: Wedemeyer Rocks, Mount Takahe, West Antarctic Ice Sheet, Mount Moulton, Mount Waesche, ice cores, West Antarctica
- "It may correspond to a 443,000±52,000 lava at Merrem Peak" - Lava what? Lave flow? Lava dome? Lava tube?
- Argon-argon dating appears to be overlinked.
- Vostok is overlinked
- Link Siple Dome at the first mention, not the second. It's also overlinked in here.
- It's in Category:VEI-5 volcanoes, but that does't seem to be mentioned anywhere in this article.